I have been promising myself that I would do more posting to my blog. There are many times that I have wished that I had been better about doing that, but I can't go back. Best thing to do is go forward from here.
This new year finds me grateful for all of my blessings. If I started to count them it would take all day, but here are the most important ones.
Sam is in remission with his cancer. That is such a great blessing. It was a hard few months, but for now all is well. I will write more about how that all went at a later time. I am so grateful that he is doing better. He still has a way to go. He still has a blood clot in one leg. He is on blood thinners which is supposed to get rid of the clot, but it hasn't helped so far. He is going for a check up at the cancer clinic on the 18th, so hopefully we can find out how things are progressing. His hair is back, and he has gained a few needed pounds. He is still way lower than he was before, but it is coming back slowly, and he is gaining strength all the time. He is blessed, we are all blessed.
My children will always be counted in my blessings. I have been blessed with wonderful children, I would like them even if they were not mine. They are all great, and I am proud of them. They are making their way in this world, and are truly good people. More about them later.
And my grandchildren. Oh what a blessing they are. They are the most beautiful, smartest, most clever, cutest, funniest, and most delightful children on this earth. As I watch them grow, and learn, and develope their personalities they are such a wonder. Oh how I love them. Lots more about them later.
I am blessed to have a home to live in, food to eat, reasonably good health, and most of my needs are met. I have lots of my wants as well. I can read and write, I live in a free country so I can come and go as I choose. I have the means to know that I can have the basics for the rest of my life. I have a car and I can drive. These are just a few of my long list of blessings. It is sad to know that there a millions, probably billions of people in this world that have none of these things or so few. I do not take these blessings for granted, I know I am blessed and I am so thankful.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blessing should be on the top as I know it is my greatest blessing. I love the gospel, and I am so grateful to be a part of the people who worship God and Jesus Christ. I love everything about being a member of this church, it is the source of all the other blessings that I have. My life would be so different if I did not have the church, I don't even want to think about it. I would not have the family that I have, or the blessings that I have if I took the church out of my life. I had a period of time in my life when I didn't feel the church was important, and I know where that was taking me. I am so grateful for the day that I, of my own free will, decided it was important to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and have that as a part of my daily life. All other things that are good have come as a result of that decision, and I am blessed. More on this later.
Well this is a start, and I hope to be more faithful to post regularly. I need to do my personal history and this will be a good way to start.
I am blessed to have wonderful friends and family and I love them and I am thankful for each and every one. What a wonderful thing it is to have such good people as my friends. More about that later as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment